Tuesday, May 03, 2011

My M9 & Noct.


Been trying various lenses on the M9 for the pass few months. I'm very happy that I came across an used Noctilux F1 in S'pore. It was a very impulsive & quick decision to get the Noct, cause demand for the Noct F1 is being very much sought after. It will be gone if I hesitated. So, just within 2 hours, I booked the ticket thru TigerAirway the next day to go S'pore for a day trip to get the Noctilux f1. My Noct is in mint condition & comes with box. Lens elements are clean & flawless. Focus accurately with my M9.

I have a privilege to try my friend's various M lenses before I decide which one I lke. My friend was generous to let me try his 18mm f3.8, 28mm f2 Summicron, 35mm f1.4 Summilux, 50mm f1.4 Summilux, & 75mm f2 Summicron. If I have the budget, I would love to have all of them, but in reality, I have to pick 1 or 2 lenses that I can afford.

At first, I love superwide lens like M 18mm f3.8, but the price kind of over my budget. So, my heart is kind of decided to get the Zeiss 18mm f4 Distagon.

Or, I could ditch the idea of getting a superwide lens & go with a 24mm or 28mm. I had second thought after I tried the Voightlander Heliar 15mm f4.5. I found out the disadvantages of using superwide lens in M system. With the money I spend on any superwide lens plus an external viewfinder, I think I would be more contented with a superwide lens on my Nikon DSLR.

So, at this moment, I'm happy just to have my Noctilux on my M9 for the time being. Afterall, My Nikon is already completed with the lenses I need for my works. As for wide angle lens, I'm constantly being tempted by 21mm f1.4 Summilux. I'm not going to get any M-mount lens longer than 50mm. I tried 75mm f2 Summicron, and I don't like it. I found myself enjoy superwide & tele lenses more with my Nikon DSLR.


No comments: