Tuesday, November 01, 2011

I almost got a Leica 50mm f2 Summitar

I've been eyeing on the Leica 50mm Summitar after reading wonderful review of Stevehuff here. Last week, I went to Singapore for a wedding assignment & I saw an used Summitar in a shop. I asked to try the lens & from a mere few test shots inside shop, I was immediately hooked by this tiny lens. I like the size, the build & the character of the pictures created with this lens. After some serious contemplations, I decide to pass this time due to the reason that I'm currently shooting with a Leica Noctilux. Unless I'm fortunate to come across a Summitar with really mint condition. I'll be going to Singapore for 2 more assignments in Nov & Dec this year. Hopefully I'll able to see another minty Summitar again or find other interesting lenses.

Just before I left the shop, I took a comparison shot between Noctilux at f1 & Summitar at f2. Looking at the shots below, I'm glad that I'm sticking with my Noctilux.


M9 with Noctilux at f1
 M9 with Summitar at f2

No comments: